- All works must be the original work of the artist. Works must be finished and ready to display.
- All work must have been produced within the last two (2) years, and not previously publicly exhibited. The Committee reserves the right to make discretionary exclusions to this condition.
- The Committee reserves the right to not display work which fails to meet a satisfactory standard of presentation or any works deemed to be offensive or otherwise inappropriate in a school environment. The committee will make these decisions at its absolute discretion.
- All entries must be clearly labelled on the reverse with the Artist’s name, title of work, price and contact details.
- All 2D artworks must be fitted with flat D-rings and line positioned to ensure work hangs flat to wall. Works without hanging facility will not be hung.
- It is the responsibility of the artist to adequately wrap the artwork before the event.
Copyright remains the property of the artist. Artists agree to allow use of part or whole images of their work for promotional purposes. These images may be used for current and future marketing, promotion and/or educational purposes at no cost to the organisers. While the Committee accepts all artwork images, there is no guarantee that an artist’s work will be used in the marketing and promotion of Art Extraordinaire.
- The total number of entries permitted per artist is:
- Paintings or 2D artwork – three (3) works
- 3D artwork – three (3) works
- Craft – up to ten (10) items in total
- Please contact the committee, should you wish to exhibit more than the above pieces.
- Works presented should be no larger than 1 metre high x 1.2 metres wide (including frame). Larger pieces will only be accepted at the discretion of the Committee (please send images of any oversize work to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration).
- Quality images of artwork are the responsibility of the exhibiting artist and must abide by the following guidelines: Jpeg format, File size <2MB, Image files to be saved as the artwork title (as a minimum) and name of image credit (if not artist). Framed artwork must include the frame in the image (or a second image provided via email with the frame in situ).
- The Committee must approve any substitution or withdrawal of artworks nominated on the entry form no later than 17 September 2021, and any approval to substitute works will be at the Committee’s absolute discretion. All artworks accepted at this date will be included in the catalogue and must be available for exhibition as required by the Committee.
Sale of Artwork
- All artists exhibiting at the exhibition consent to the physical exhibition and sale of their work (15 to 17 October 2021) and online sale of the exhibited works (16 October – 23 October 2021) by the Committee for the price nominated on the entry form. The artist warrants that they retain title of the work and indemnifies Bunbury Catholic College and the Committee in full for any costs and/or expenses incurred as a result of any claims regarding title of the works.
- All artworks exhibited will be offered for sale online at the price nominated by the artist in the entry form. Payments for artwork sales will be made available on the BCC Art Extraordinaire website via a secure payment gateway which will accept all major credit cards.
- At the point of purchase, purchasers will be required to consent that there are no refunds or returns for change of mind.
- Any change to the sale price or the terms of sale shall be advised to the artist at least 24 hours prior to the exhibition, and the artist may accept, refuse or vary those terms.
- BCC charges a commission of 25% on all exhibits sold. The commission retained is inclusive of GST. Payment of the balance of the sale price less the commission for sold works will be made to the bank account nominated by the artist on the entry form on or before 30 days after the close of the exhibition.
- BCC will retain all proceeds over the reserve price on the major auction items plus 25% of the reserve price.
- Artwork must be made available for sale exclusively by BCC Art Extraordinaire for the full timeframe of the physical AND online exhibition – from 15 October 2021 to 23 October 2021.
- The entry fee includes insurance cover up to collection of the artwork by the buyer or the artist as long is the artwork on the premises of the College. The insurance does not cover the art during the period of online sales.
- All artists are responsible for delivery and collection of their unsold artworks. Bunbury Catholic College and its Insurer will not accept responsibility for any damage caused by or to the artist, delivery person or artwork during transport to and from the exhibition venue and the artist hereby indemnifies Bunbury Catholic College and the Committee to the fullest extent possible against any claims made as a result of transport or delivery of the works.
Delivery of Purchases from the PHYSICAL Exhibition
- Artworks purchased over the weekend exhibition will be collected by the purchaser at the close of the exhibition.• Unsold works are to be collected by the artist on Sunday 17 October between 5.00pm and 6.00pm from the Exhibition venue or Monday 18 October from 10am to 2pm.
- All works not collected on collection dates will be returned to BCC and collection will be the responsibility of the artist. All works not collected from BCC within a week after Art Extraordinaire will be dealt with as the committee deems fit.
Delivery of Purchases from the ONLINE Exhibition
- For ONLINE sales AFTER the physical exhibition, full responsibility for arranging the timely delivery of purchased artwork is the responsibility of the artist. Delivery costs are the responsibility of the purchaser who provides consent at the point of purchase to reimburse the artist for reasonable cost. Wherever possible, artists are encouraged to arrange delivery or collection in person.
- Artists will be notified of successful online sales and purchaser details no more than 48 hours after the sale, following which the artist is requested to make contact with the purchaser to arrange delivery in a timely manner.
- All freight and insurance costs for the delivery of online purchases of artwork are at the discretion and responsibility of the artist.
- Artworks must be delivered to the purchaser within 2 weeks.
COVID-19 Government-directed closures and restrictions
- If the event is cancelled or rescheduled due to government COVID-19 related directives, Bunbury Catholic College reserves the rights to modify the schedule, content, location, pricing, capacity and format of the event. Ticket holders are able to donate the price paid for their ticket to the Bunbury Catholic College P&F.